As we all know, a buyer’s first impression of your home is very important, so let’s get them excited from the moment they pull into the driveway.
Whether you are looking to sell your home or would just like to keep your yard in good shape through the seasons, there are a few easy things you can do. In the spring and summer, mowing the lawn regularly and planting a colorful array of flowers can go a long way. However, when the flowers turn in for winter, and the grass goes dormant, there are other ways to ensure a nice looking yard.
Tips for maintaining curb appeal during this season:
During the fall and winter, it is especially important to maintain the exterior of your home, as there will be little to cover any exterior blemishes as the leaves begin to fall from the trees.
- Pressure wash any areas around your home that need it, repaint window trim and clean gutters.
- If exterior paint is chipping on wood trim, consider putting on a fresh coat of paint to protect it from the elements. This is also a good idea if you did not paint in the spring.
- Check gutters and downspouts for leaks and clogs and consider repainting if needed.
- Help winterize your shrubbery by adding mulch where needed.
- Clean brush and rake leaves regularly.
While beautifying your home for fall and winter, there are also two things to consider doing if you are planning to put your home on the market the following spring.
- Put grass seed down. The fall is the best time to do this, as young grass dies more easily as it becomes hot in the summer.
- Remember to plant your bulbs, so you will have those gorgeous flowers in the spring!